If you have specific educational needs, please contact Mayra Cagganello, the Education and Development Specialist (EDS), within the Human Subjects Protection Program (HSPP). (firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-679-8802)
Educational Resources for Research Personnel
- The HSPP is offering a one hour general educational session every Friday afternoon for study coordinators and investigators who plan to conduct Human Subjects Research at UConn Health. The training provides an overview of the research proposal submission and maintenance process. The sessions are held from 3 to 4 p.m. Registration is required. Interested staff should e-mail the EDS as noted above.
- Individuals who need study specific guidance on preparing IRB submissions are encouraged to request assistance from the EDS as noted above. Sessions are available Friday afternoons from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Registration is required.
- The Help section within iRIS contains training manuals.
- Training Classes on iRIS are offered. Register with the EDS as noted above
- Study Start Up Educational Sessions, call 860-679-8802 or 860-679-7555 to schedule
- Brown Bag Lunch Series, call 860-679-8802 or 860-679-7555 to register or to offer suggestions
- Tutorial Privacy vs. Confidentiality (PowerPoint, developed by Joan Seiber)
- Tutorial #1 – Common Steps in the IRB Submission Process
- Tutorial #2 – Survey Research Under Exemption Category 2
- Tutorial #3 – Chart Reviews Under Exemption Category 4
- Tutorial #4 – Overview of HIPAA in Research
- Tutorial #5 – Considerations for International Research
- Teaching the Responsible Conduct of Research in Humans
Dr. Stanley Korenman in collaboration with the HHS Office of Research Integrity
Educational Sessions for IRB Members:
- Contact the EDS as noted above to request training in iRIS or to request training on the IRB review process.