Research projects require financial support before and sometimes during their lifetimes. HCRAC has 3 programs to help a new project get funding, an existing project bridge funding, and ensuring the availability of essential equipment to meet researcher’s needs.
- Emergency Grant Awards provide essential support when funding for an ongoing project has been interrupted (Emergency Grant Application Guidelines and Instructions).
- Exploratory Project Transition Awards provide bridge support for transitioning an exploratory/small grant award such as a NIH R21 grant into a full, renewable (R01-type) funded research project (Exploratory Project Transition Application Guidelines and Instructions).
- Travel Grants Program supports travel costs for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who present research results at scientific meetings and symposia.
– Travel Grant Application Guidelines and Instructions for Graduate Students
– Travel Grant Application Guidelines and Instructions for Postdoctoral Fellows