The newly published policies for Animal Use in Research, Teaching and Testing and Research Involving Human Subjects revise the existing UConn Storrs policies to establish a uniform regulatory compliance statement that applies to all campuses under which the programs at UConn Health and Storrs operate. A single, overarching policy will help in the development of other policies and procedures to help facilitate cross-campus initiatives.
- Clarification of who the policies apply to (both policies)
- Revisions to definitions to make them consistent with the regulatory definition (both policies)
- Clarification regarding the role of the Institutional Official and committees (IACUC and IRB)
- Clarification of the authority of the attending veterinarian to be consistent with regulatory requirements (Animal Use policy)
- Clarification of the authority of the IRB to be consistent with regulatory requirements (Human Subjects Research policy)
- Revisions to the enforcement section to make the sections consistent with other university policies (both policies)
- Updated list of authorities (both policies)
The Human Stem Cell Research policy clarifies and updates the existing University-wide policy regarding the type and scope of research to which the policy applies.
The ClinicalTrials.gov policy establishes a new University-wide policy to address FDA, NIH and CMS requirements that applicable trials are registered.
Animal Use in Research, Teaching and Testing: https://policy.uconn.edu/?p=113
Human Stem Cell Research Approval: https://policy.uconn.edu/?p=2453
Human Subjects Research: https://policy.uconn.edu/?p=406
For additional information, contact Ellen Ciesielski (firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-679-6004)