- All laboratories in Connecticut that work with known infectious agents (Risk Group 2 or above) need to register with CT DPH. For an overview of the CT DPH registration process you can contact the BSO. The process has changed somewhat recently.
- You can get the same checklist that the State Inspector uses to inspect your lab from the BSO to prepare for the inspection. You don’t need to fill it out.
- If you’re working at BSL-2 with animals (ABSL-2), you can get the same checklist the State Inspector uses to inspect this kind of laboratory from the BSO.
- A few things are supposed to be posted in the lab. One is an emergency plan and procedure for cleaning up a spill of biological materials. The other is the Eyewash Log for weekly eyewash station testing.
- For training documents applicable to laboratories with a CT DPH registration you can contact the BSO.
- Please document all training that is completed within the laboratory or from this website.
Return to the Biosafety Main Page