The following quick reference and other how-to instructional guides are available to assist researchers with using the Topaz Elements system interface. The instructions are organized by module. All guides are in Adobe PDF format and may be save or printed. Printing in color is recommended. Frequently asked questions are also available.
Firefox Extended Service Release
The general release version of Firefox v 52.0 no longer supports NPAPI plugins such as Silverlight which is used by Topaz Elements. You must replace Firefox with the Firefox Extended Service Release (ESR) version 52.9 at https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.9.0esr/ if you wish to continue to use Firefox with Topaz Elements otherwise you will be continually prompted to install Silverlight in this browser which no longer supports that plugin. Download Firefox ESR for PC or Mac (version 52.9), install it, and replace Firefox general release with Extended Service Release on your computer. Admin rights are required to install the software on most systems. After install, make sure About Firefox (PC: Help > About Firefox; Mac: Firefox > About Firefox) shows Firefox ESR rather than simply Firefox to use Topaz Elements and load the required Silverlight 5.x plugin. Note: Firefox ESR v60+ also no longer supports NPAPI plugins like Silverlight so you should turn off Automatic Updates on version 52.9 for the browser and only use Firefox ESR for Topaz Elements.
- Download & Install Firefox Extended Service Release version 52.9 (NEW)
- Optimize Firefox ESR Browser Preferences – MAC – (Mac Users Only; NEW)
- Optimize Firefox ESR Browser Preferences – PC – (PC Users Only; NEW)
Topaz Elements Portal
- Login to and Logout of Topaz Elements
- Create and Apply Filters
- Request Topaz Elements Access
- Use My Dashboards
- Optimize Safari Browser Preferences (Mac Users Only; revised 7/11/16)
- Optimize Firefox ESR Browser Preferences (Mac Users Only; NEW)
Animal Protocol Development System Instructions – For Researchers
Includes tips and step by step how to instructions for logging in, creating new animal protocols, reviewing protocol steps/statuses, revising protocols returned for modifications, viewing protocols, creating modifications or amendments to protocols, creating annual reviews, and creating and submitting 3-year renewals of protocols. 27 pages.
- Create an Initial Animal Care and Use Protocol
- Revise Animal Protocols Returned for Modifications after IACUC Review
- Create a Modification/Amendment to an Approved Animal Protocol
- View Approved Animal Protocols
- Create and Submit an Annual (Interim) Review for an Animal Protocol
- Create and Submit a Three-Year Renewal
Information on Filling out the UConn Health IACUC Protocol Forms – For Researchers
A supplemental or companion document which goes through the IACUC protocol form section by section and question by question. Also includes information on safety protocols. 39 pages.
Electronic Protocol Reviews and Electronic Meeting Instructions – For IACUC Committee Members
Step by step instructions for IACUC Members to complete reviews or various types and prepare for IACUC meetings. 36 pages.
Animal Bills & Invoices